Start your day with a little spice, a lot of crunch and a whole lot of flavor with this breakfast taco made with a crispy cheese tortilla. Sometimes you just need to mix things up at the breakfast table and this cheese tortilla and egg taco is sure to satisfy your craving.
Experiment with different salsa flavors or various toppings for the taco such as sautéed green peppers and mushrooms. Also, feel free to swap out the cheddar cheese for your preferred variety of shredded cheese, such as pepper jack, to make the cheese tortilla.
This is also a fun recipe to prepare as a family. Let each family member choose their own variety of cheese for the tortilla and encourage the kids to experiment with different toppings for their breakfast taco. The recipe includes the ingredients needed to make one taco, but you can easily make multiple cheese tortillas and delight the entire family with this fun recipe.
Breakfast Taco with Crispy Cheese Tortilla
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 avocado, cubed
- Corn and black bean salsa
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the cheddar cheese into a 4-inch circle on the parchment paper.
- Bake the cheese for 5-8 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Watch closely to prevent the cheese from burning.
- Remove the cheese from the oven and gently blot with paper towel to remove excess grease. Flip over the tortilla and blog the other side with the paper towel. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs together in a small bowl and scramble on a griddle or in a skillet. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Arrange the eggs and cubed avocado on 1/2 of the cheese tortilla. Top with your desired amount of salsa and a few pinches of chopped cilantro. Fold the taco and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Want to add even more new breakfast recipes to your week’s lineup? Check out our recipe for Apple Oat Flour Crepes! They’re the perfect weekend breakfast to enjoy around the table with family.
Let us know how the breakfast taco turned out by leaving a comment below! Also, connect with us on Instagram @runner.moms to get first word when new recipes drop on the site.