Amp up this week’s lunches with the warming flavors of these curry chicken wraps. Made with curried chicken, raisins, romaine lettuce and whole wheat tortillas, these wraps are sure to become a staple in your weekly lunch rotation. They’re a cinch to make and are easy to pack along and enjoy as a wholesome lunch on the go.
These curry chicken wraps offer a delicate curry flavor paired with warming undertones of turmeric. We prefer to use chicken thigh meat in the curry chicken wraps wraps instead of chicken breast meat because the thighs are more tender and bring enhanced flavor to the recipe.
In the mood for a salad instead of a wrap? That’s easy! Ditch the tortillas and fill a large bowl with chopped romaine lettuce. Top the lettuce with a few spoonfuls of the curry chicken mixture and, voila, you’ll have yourself a delicious and filling salad.
This recipe will provide more curry sauce than you’ll need for the curry chicken wraps. Store any leftover curry sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week and use the sauce in the week’s recipes. It tastes great as a topper for grilled chicken breasts or to simmer with roasted vegetables.
Curry Chicken Wrap
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 lbs chicken thighs (about 5 thighs), boneless and skinless
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- whole wheat flour tortillas
- romaine lettuce, chopped
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken thighs to the saute pan and cook for about 15 minutes until fully cooked, flipping occassionally.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and cut into small cubes. Transfer the chicken to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, add the coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric and a pinch of salt. Whisk to combine and warm over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the raisins to the bowl with the chicken. Add about 1/2 cup of the curry sauce to the bowl and stir to evenly coat the chicken. If needed, add a bit more sauce until the chicken is fully coated.
- To assemble the wraps: Place a whole wheat tortilla on a plate. Arrange a handful of chopped romaine lettuce down the center of the tortilla. Add a few spoonfuls of the curry chicken mixture on top of the lettuce. Fold over the edges of the tortilla at each end of the row of toppings. Turn the plate and pull one of the open edges of the tortilla up and over the toppings. Then, tuck the tortilla edge slightly under the toppings and roll the tortilla into a wrap. If desired, cut the wrap in half.
Looking for more delicious lunch recipes to fuel your week? Check out our noodle bowl recipe made with steak, lentils and black bean noodles. It’s packed with protein, fiber and all sorts of other goodness and is the perfect post-run meal to restore your energy. Our roasted tomato ricotta flatbread is another popular lunch recipe that offers a soul-filling flavor you’ll want to enjoy again and again.