If you haven’t given chicken thighs a try in a while, now is the time. They are rich in taste and offer a tender, juicy texture.
These honey glazed chicken thighs are easy to prepare and are great options for a weeknight meal or post-run weekend lunch. Be sure to select boneless and skinless thighs, as they’re easier to cook and are less work to eat. The honey glaze brings a sweet note to this recipe that will have your kids asking for seconds or thirds. These chicken thighs pair great with a simple green salad with shaved parmesan cheese or with baked sweet potatoes drizzled with honey. If you have any leftovers, use them cut up and tossed into a salad.
Looking for more light lunch recipes? Discover our artichoke hummus recipe paired with roasted veggies.
Craving connections with other runner moms? Join our private Runner Moms Facebook Community to soak up inspiration and motivation from other mom runners!
Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup honey
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place the butter and olive oil in a medium frying pan and heat on medium. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Meanwhile, generously salt and pepper the top and bottom of each chicken thigh.
- Arrange the chicken thighs in the frying pan and turn down heat to medium low. Fry for about 5 minutes. Turn over the chicken thighs and continue frying for another 5 minutes.
- Make space in the center of the frying pan and pour the honey into the space. Gently whisk the honey into the butter/oil mixture and gently tilt the pan to continue mixing the honey and oils together.
- Reduce heat to low, flipping the chicken every few minutes to create a honey glaze on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and arrange on plates. Drizzle a bit of the honey glaze onto each chicken thigh, if desired.
- Serve with a salad of arugula and baby spinach with grated parmesan cheese, or with your favorite side dish.