If you haven’t given chicken thighs a try in a while, now is the time. Chicken thighs are rich in taste and offer a tender, juicy texture.
These honey glazed chicken thighs are easy to prepare and are great options for a weeknight meal or post-run weekend lunch. They pair great with a simple green salad or with baked sweet potatoes.
Honey Glazed Chicken Thighs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup honey
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place the butter and olive oil in a medium frying pan and heat on medium. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Meanwhile, generously salt and pepper the top and bottom of each chicken thigh.
- Arrange the chicken thighs in the frying pan and turn down heat to medium low. Fry for about 5 minutes. Turn over the chicken thighs and continue frying for another 5 minutes.
- Make space in the center of the frying pan and pour the honey into the space. Gently whisk the honey into the butter/oil mixture and gently tilt the pan to continue mixing the honey and oils together.
- Reduce heat to low, flipping the chicken every few minutes to create a honey glaze on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and arrange on plates. Drizzle a bit of the honey glaze onto each chicken thigh, if desired.
- Serve with a salad of arugula and baby spinach with grated parmesan cheese, or with your favorite side dish.