Raise your hand if you’re a sucker for a good noodle bowl recipe. Well, good news, this right here is a GREAT noodle bowl to add to your recipe box. It’s packed with protein, fiber and all sorts of other goodness and is the perfect post-run meal to restore your energy.
Before you make this noodle bowl recipe, here are a few important tips to ensure the recipe turns out well. First, don’t add the steak to the noodle bowls until you’re ready to serve them. If the steak sits in the broth for too long, it can become overcooked and tough. Also, if you plan to meal prep these noodle bowls and eat them throughout the upcoming week, store the steak in a separate container and add it to the bowls after you’ve reheated the other ingredients. Also, the lentils tend to soak up a lot of the broth, so feel free to add more beef broth to the recipe as needed, especially if you’ll be reheating the recipe throughout the week.
If you haven’t used black bean noodles before, you may feel a little lost to as which variety is best. Our personal favorite brand is Explore Cuisine Organic Black Bean Noodles. We love the Explore Cuisine black bean noodles because they have a great texture and hold up well in the liquid of these noodle bowls. Nobody likes a soggy noodle in a noodle bowl and the Explore Cuisine noodles pass that test.
Noodle Bowl Recipe: Steak, Lentils and Black Bean Noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup green lentils
- 32 oz container beef broth
- 1 handful black bean noodles
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 large sirloin steak, grilled
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes or until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add a dash of the beef broth to the saucepan and stir to mix in with the onions and garlic.
- Add the green lentils to the saucepan along with the rest of the beef broth. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until the lentils begin to soften.
- Meanwhile, grill the sirloin steak until it is cooked to medium. Remove from the grill and thinly slice the steak into strips. Set aside.
- When the lentils begin to soften, add the black bean noodles, kale and lemon juice to the saucepan. Stir and simmer for another 5 minutes. If the lentils soak up most of the liquid, add more beef broth to the pan. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Ladle the soup into bowls and top each with the sliced steak just before serving.
- Serve and enjoy immediately!
Looking for a little dessert to enjoy after the noodle bowls? Check out our Berry Galette with Oat Flour Crust recipe.
We’d love to hear how this noodle bowl recipe turned out! Leave your feedback through the comment feature below. Also, if you need some inspiration to help fuel your running journey this week, check out the latest episodes of the Runner Moms podcast. As always, connect with the Runner Moms community over on Instagram @runner.moms.
Happy running, happy eating and happy momming!