Looking for an easy steel cut oats recipe? Look no further! These overnight steel cut oats offer a creamy texture and delicious taste, thanks to the addition of an almond coconut milk blend. Top with toasted coconut and roasted blueberries for a nutritious and filling breakfast that the entire family is sure to enjoy.
Overnight Steel Cut Oats with Roasted Blueberries and Toasted Coconut
- 2 cups almond coconut blend milk We prefer Califia brand
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Flax seed and ground chia optional
- Heat the almond coconut milk in a small saucepan on medium heat until boiling. Add the steel cut oats, stir, and cook for one minute. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow pan to cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, heat oven to 400 degrees. Spread the coconut on one side of a cookie sheet and the blueberries on the other side. Roast for 5-10 minutes or until the coconut is lightly browned and the blueberries become juicy. You can also prepare the blueberries and coconut at the same time as the steel cut oats and refrigerate the roasted blueberries and store the coconut in a sealed container.
- When ready to eat the oats, you can enjoy them cool or reheat on the stovetop. Top with the toasted coconut and roasted blueberries. If desired, also top with flax seed and ground chia seed.