The most delicious recipes are often the simplest ones to prepare. All you need for this delicious start to your day is a loaf of fresh-baked artisan bread, fresh-ground peanut butter, banana and raw pumpkin seeds. Most natural food grocers, food co-ops and chain grocery stores now offer peanut and almond grinding machines that you can use to make fresh peanut and almond butters rather than buying the packaged versions. If you’ve never had fresh-ground peanut butter, do yourself a favor and try it
This peanut butter banana toast is the perfect fuel to help you achieve your running goals and, side bonus, your kids will also love it.
Peanut Butter Banana Toast
- 1 loaf whole grain artisan bread
- 2 tbsp fresh-ground peanut or almond butter
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- Lightly toast a slice of whole grain artisan bread.
- Slather the peanut or almond butter onto the toasted bread.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top of the peanut butter.
- Slice the banana and arrange the banana slices on top.