Looking to amp up your smoothie game? Look no further than this roasted blueberry smoothie! The roasted blueberries in this smoothie bring a delicious, concentrated fruit flavor that blends perfectly with the smoothie’s other ingredients. Whole milk yogurt, almond milk and Vega Plant Protein Powder round out the flavor profile for a smoothie recipe you’ll want to enjoy again and again.
If you’re looking for a new plant protein powder to try out, we recommend Vega Plant Protein Powder. Some plant protein powders tend to have chalky texture, but the Vega powders blend well for a smooth taste and texture. Their powders do have some added sugars, so we recommend looking over the ingredient label to make sure it matches your nutrient needs. This recipe calls for the vanilla version of Vega’s plant protein powder, but they also offer other flavors, including chocolate, that you can use to fuel your days.
We recommend roasting the blueberries for this blueberry smoothie the night before you plan to make the drink. That way, all the ingredients will be at hand to make the smoothie in no time flat.
Roasted Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop Vega vanilla protein powder
- 6 oz container fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange the blueberries in a small baking dish.
- Roast the blueberries for 20 minutes or until their juices flow out and are bubbling. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Place the cooled blueberries in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the almond milk, yogurt and protein powder to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Divide between glasses and enjoy!
Looking for other smoothie and shake recipes to power your days? Check out our popular Power Shake recipe as well as our Almond Banana Smoothie. As always, we’d love to hear how the roasted blueberry smoothie turned out! Let us know by leaving a comment below.