Few things ignite your senses and warm the home better than the smell of roasted tomatoes and herbs. With just a few simple ingredients, this roasted tomato ricotta flatbread offers a soul-filling flavor that you’ll want to enjoy again and again.
This roasted tomato ricotta flatbread only requires a few minutes of prep time and the tomatoes can be left to roast while you go about your day. Feel free to experiment with other herbs in the roasted tomatoes such as oregano. The ricotta spread includes a vibrant flavor combo of lemon and chives that pairs perfectly with the roasted tomatoes. Pile it all atop your fav flatbread (we prefer whole wheat).
Prep the recipe’s ingredients on the weekend and enjoy a week full of delicious, pre-made lunches. Simply re-heat the tomatoes and warm the flatbread in the oven for the few minutes, assemble the flatbreads, and fill your belly in no time. Store the lemon herb ricotta and roasted tomatoes in separate containers in the fridge for up to four days.
Roasted Tomato Ricotta Flatbread
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes fresh
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
Lemon Herb Ricotta
- 15 oz container of whole milk Ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 4 flatbread rounds
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes in a single layer in a baking dish. Add the olive oil, garlic, herbs and salt and stir to coat the tomatoes.
- Roast for 1 hour, stirring occassionally.
- Remove from oven. Using a slotted spoon, lift the tomatoes from the juice and transfer to a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
Lemon Herb Ricotta
- Place the ricotta, lemon juice, salt and chives in a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Warm the flatbread pieces in the oven for 5 minutes OR microwave for 30 seconds.
- Spread a few spoonfuls of the lemon herb ricotta over the top of each flatbread.
- Add a few spoonfuls of the roasted tomatoes (still warm) over the top of the ricotta on each flatbread. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Looking for more easy lunch recipes for runners to include in this week’s meal plans? Warm up with the inviting aroma and delicious flavors of our Acorn Squash and Chicken Harvest soup. Our recipe for Artichoke Hummus with Roasted Veggies is another must-try lunch recipe.
We’d love to know how the roasted tomato ricotta flatbread turned out! Let us know by leaving a comment below. Also, feel free to share your other fav lunch recipes for runners with the Runner Moms community.